HCL to hire 2000 software engineers

By SiliconIndia  |   Tuesday, 29 September 2009, 05:49 Hrs   |    10 Comments
Print Email
HCL to hire 2000 software engineers
New Delhi: Software exporter HCL Technologies has planned to hire 2,000 software engineers in the next 3-4 months to serve the new client base and existing operations across world-wide, according to a top executive of the company. HCL has added a couple of new clients in the past few months which has led to an increase in demand for workfoce, reports The Economic Times. The firm bagged two IT outsourcing services contracts worth $110 million from Texas-based energy companies, Energy Future Holdings and Oncor.

According to the company, 30 percent of the new hires would be freshers and the remaining 70 percent will comprise the experienced professionals. It will take the company's total workforce to more than 57,000 globally. Till last year, the company was high on campus hiring and took 15,000 freshers and professionals on rolls.

"We are following just-in-time model of hiring. Unlike earlier, when we used to give hiring guidance 18 months in advance, it will be a quarter or two in advance, as we are yet to have a clear visibility on where the industry is heading. Focus will be on lateral hiring for core IT processes across sectors," said Dilip Kumar Srivastava, Global Head (Human Resources), HCL Technologies. He also added that the company has no plans to alter the compensation package of the freshers and that variable component of the salary will solely be performance based.

Write your comment now
Reader's comments(10)
1: What are the eligibility to get job in HCL as a software developer...
Posted by:Roshan - 14 Oct, 2009
2: When hcl recruitment will start? which palce? Eligible criteria?
Posted by:bharath - 05 Oct, 2009
3: When and where recruitment of hcl stars and about eligible criteria?
Posted by:Malay Mishra - 04 Oct, 2009
4: when and where recuirement of hcl starts
Posted by:salver sonu sss - 02 Oct, 2009
5: Another Enron Bubble - HCL is getting be a dubious company along with most of the IT Geeks like scam hidden Infosys that is about to burst.

Pradeep
Posted by:Bantwal Srinivas Pradeep Nayak - 29 Sep, 2009
6:
Scam hidden INFOSYS

Did u intend to say Satyam
Simrat Replied to: Bantwal Srinivas Pradeep Nayak - 01 Oct, 2009
7: Who is going to verify how many were actually hired
? This is just media spin and HCL is following the Infy propaganda machine route.
With no change in the external environment ( esp.Banking & finance in US ) and green shoots turning to brown ,where are the projects for which these people are being recruited.
Posted by:Krish - 29 Sep, 2009
8:
Even though its a media spin, many guys will get a new hope and will be motivated. Note - during the reccession period ,self motivation is the best way to keep urself relaxed and will give u a new hope. Projects are always there ,but are on hold. Even the economy can only survive if the business houses can generate more business.So , let the leaders take initative in generating business and generate new employments.
DiT Replied to: Krish - 29 Sep, 2009
9:
It's all an eyewash to the media and to the people.. there are many people sitting in bench for more than a year and silently shooting them brown.
mak Replied to: DiT - 29 Sep, 2009
10:
Let us see how it goes.
Raguraman Replied to: mak - 29 Sep, 2009
SPOTLIGHT