IT Software/Software Services
Test planning and organisation in coordination with German porting team and SAP PS team in Bangalore as well as in Dublin, Moscow and Germany.
- Test preparation by maintaining test system images, preparing SAP systems as basis of upgrade tests and special preparations (technical use cases, AddOns, SP maintenance) according to test plan provided by SAP
- Test execution according to test plan i.
e. Check of SAP DVD contents, Installation, Upgrade, DB Export/Import, Unicode Migration, HA installation on different OS and database management systems.
- Tracking of test progress in SAP internal System ""itera!"" and communication of test status to project management
- Execution of smoke tests within started SAP system after successful installation/upgrade to prove sanity of the system (e.g. setup of RFC connections, Installation of an AddOn, Import of TCK package and handover to Technical Check in Moscow)
- Analysis of problems during test execution, reporting of errors in SAP internal systems and allocation to correct component, tracking of error message until completion and retest of provided solution.
Verification that solution is part of shipment DVDs.
- Verification of documentation (Guides, OSS notes, online documentation, .
- Documentation of test procedures for team internal knowledge transfer in Wiki
- Close cooperation with development team to sync HW and OS requirements and to understand newly implemented features for implementation of test cases for verification of these new features
- You make sure by timely test execution and fast error resolution that the platform tests are in sync with the other platforms and are thus completed at the target date of validation.
This is necessary to prevent delay in shipment compared to competitors platforms
You will be exposed to the newest technology at SAP and IBM and have the opportunity to expand your skills in SAP Basis Administration to a great degree.
There is opportunity for technical distinction e.
g. by improvement of process execution or test automation.
The global setup of the team as well as the place of work at SAP premises within an SAP team demands for excellent skills in communication and relationship building as well as the ability to deal within a sensitive environment.
""Trust and personal responsibility in all relationships"" is one of the three core IBM values, and for this critical part of the SAP Software rollout process, we need individuals, that adhere strictly to the codex of honour of Software Testing.
This means we test to find errors, not to prove correctness, and pursue found problems relentlessly until solution or workaround is provided.
More than 8 years o desired experience required
"For all experienced developers, this is an excellent opportunity to leverage on your technical skills for larger revenue influence across market and thereby gain additional skills mentioned below.
Fo folks who are already working as good team leads or consultants, this is an excellent opportunity to leverage rampup on leadership, client facing skills & gain deeper understanding & knowledge about IBM platforms & solutions
1. Enhance your business domain, market & technical insights by working together with clients & business partners.
2. Excellent opportunity to build your leadership & client facing skills and technical engagement management
3. Influence IBM’s product roadmaps & futures , by representing end client & ISV insights (become part of Product Development teams representing ISVs).
4. Direct impact on the bottom line for IBM.
SAP application purchases from clients influence a huge % of IBM (STG & SWG) products revenue as Clients buy solutions not products
16 or more years of education required
Total 6 to 8 years of work experience required
Minimum 3 to 5 years of desired experience required