• Promptly answer all requests for reservations and record them accurately
• Constant upkeep of Opera Reservations system through updating of rates systems, validity dates, mail messages, availability control
• Check no shows from previous day and give details to Duty Manager for processing and follow up
• Ensure all reservations loaded into the PMS system are up to date
• Closely scrutinise reservations relating to regular clients to ensure all information is correct resulting in minimal check in time
• Monitor occupancy for upcoming weeks, when stop sell is necessary input date into PMS and advise Front Office, Telephones and ARS allotment holders
• Create group masters and update group information as it is received eg.
Rooming list, arrival, meals, follow up on information if not received.
Liaise with other departments to ensure group requirements and special requests are actioned
• Reconfirm all arrivals 1 day prior to arrival and ensure all relevant information is available to Front Desk by the evening prior to arrival
• Ensure an accurate and complete guest history exists for all return guests and that details of arrivals etc are communicated to Management.
• Regularly check guest history records and advise FOM should a tidy up need to be actioned
• Regularly monitor occupancy, judge busy periods and request assistance as required
• Closely monitor allotments and ensure all are being utilised and not oversold.
Provide allotment statistics and ensure accurate handling / correspondence
• Have sound knowledge of Accor specified yield management practises and attend / contribute to monthly business strategy meetings
• Assist in preparation and checking of rate manual, ensure rates and rates schedule in computer system are correct.
• Communication with DOS and sales department to forward all possible leads and feedback from inbound and corporate markets
• Communication between Front Office and Reservations Office open and reciprocal
• Ensure completion of daily duties, eg. Correspondence, filing, reports, etc. Adherence to Emergency Communication procedures ensuring that
• Clear past reservations monthly and file in file boxes for storage