Request ID: OP 160
To Join and enhance the Corporate Unix Administrator Team charged with provisioning and managing the Flextronics Corporate Unix Platforms.
Principle Accountabilities / Duties:
1. To perform full range of Unix design, provisioning and support functions on HP/UX, Aix and Solaris Unix systems.
2. To perform capacity planning, performance monitoring, problems identification, troubleshooting, failure recovery and proactive maintenance.
3. To lead and execute in incident, problem, change and release management processes.
4. To compile statistics on Availability, Performance, and Utilization for management reporting.
5. To drive improvments to meet & exceed the SLA.
6. To participate and advise on technical and operational issues for new project introductions (NPI)
7. To produce and maintain proper documentation.
8. To conduct training as and when required
Bachelor degree in Comp.
, EE Engg.
, or IT.
5 years of cross-platform (Solaris and AIX ) hands-on system administration back-end large server experience with dynamic partition, and virtual partition experience.
Strong enterprise storage background with experience in EMC, Hitachi, NetApp, and Sun/StorageTek. Knowledge and experience with multi volume and file managements such as VxVM, SDS, HP LVM, AIX LVM, VxFS, UFS, JFS and NFS.
Must have High Availability (Sun Cluster, HACMP, MC/Service Guard or Veritas Cluster) implementation/operation experience
In depth understanding of TCP/IP and SAN networking, including routing, zoning, persistent binding, STMP, DNS, and LDAP
Backup and recovery experience using Veritas Netbackup in a SAN environment
Working knowledge in Sun Domains and containers, IBM DLPAR, HP nPAR/LPAR,
Able to write Shell scripts (Bourne, Korn, C) to automate tedious repetitive tasks
Strong analytical, verbal, written, documentation and presentation skills