Consulting, Data Center, Database, Operations, Operations Manager, Oracle, Technology, Virtualization
Job Description As part of the Worldwide Technical Services Operations Team, support VMware’s Consulting and Technical Account Management lines of business.
Position OverviewThe global VMware Professional Services Organization (PSO) influences the success of each VMware implementation. The PSO team is dedicated to the success of the customer and their virtualization strategy and implementation. The PSO team ensures that VMware customers are successfully implementing their business plans from adoption all the way to a fully functioning virtualized datacenter. The VMware PSO team includes Implementation/Managed Services, Project/Engagement Management, Education Services, Partner Management and Technical Account Management (TAM) Services.
Role descriptionThe PSO Project Administrator is responsible for supporting and enhancing the operations of Professional Services and Technical Account Management in the daily execution of setting up VMware Professional Services projects and initiating purchase orders (PO) for subcontractors. The Project Administrator will utilize company selected tools, resources, methodologies and policies in executing responsibilities.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Professional Services Administrationo Maintain VMware supplied database and reports as required. o Help to ensure Consulting Expenses are billed by mapping Expense entries from other systems to VMware’s PSA system (Changepoint).
- Customer creation in PSAo Setting up new customers in VMware’s PSA system.
o Ensure the correct Oracle Customer and Location IDs are populated.
- Project Set-upo Set up projects in Changepoint.
o Follow guidelines and policies to ensure excellent data quality for reporting purposes. o Ensure required documents are provided and attached to the projects in Changepoint.
- Partner PO initiationo Create Purchase requests for subcontracting partners when necessary. o Follow guidelines and processes to ensure data quality.
- Communicationo Seamlessly transition projects to the Operations Analysts in Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions.
o Communicate PO numbers to the Operations Analysts in Americas and Asia Pacific regions.
o Update Training Documentation when there are new processes or changes.
- Characteristics/Valueso Detail Orientedo Team Orientedo Dependable, resourceful and able to work flexible hours to support Australia, Americas, EMEA and East Asia.
- Skillso Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)o Ability to operate effectively in a matrix'ed resource environmento Ability to work with a Global teamo Analytical skillso Microsoft Office, Outlooko Strong Microsoft Excel Skillso Ability to work independently as well as on cross-functional teams
- Experienceo Understanding of pricing, quoting, contracts and billing applications.
o Knowledge of a PSA system.
o Functional knowledge of Oracle Order Management (OM) module and use of EBS order, shipment, and billing applications.
o Able to make decisions during peak processing periods & work Quarter end schedule. o Excellent Excel skills and ability to learn systems quickly with little or no guidance. o 2+ years working in large organizations in the high-tech industry. Key Reasons to JoinOur reputation for high quality, highly reliable, innovative, award-winning, industry-leading products, solutions and services helps VMware to attract and retain great people. Other key reasons to consider joining the VMware team include the opportunity to:
- Work for the global leader in virtualization solutions from the desktop to the data center
- Make an impact on your career, your team, the company, the industry and the world by fundamentally transforming how people and organizations use laptops, desktops, servers and data centers
- Voice your creative solutions to new and existing problems and watch them become initiatives
- Learn from an approachable, responsive executive management team and high caliber colleagues
- Thrive in a unique work environment where the emphasis is on excellence, innovation, openness, collaboration and balance
- Earn a competitive salary and performance-based bonuses and increases
- Grow professionally and personally by accessing our in-house learning & development opportunities & education assistance program
- Advance your career in our strong promote-from-within culture
- Enjoy a generous benefits package that really take care of your needs and unexpected perks that make working here funVMware Values
- Excellence and innovation
- Straightforwardness and open communications
- A sense of fun and an appreciation of a balanced life
- Delivery on our promises to our partners, our customers and ourselves
- A passion for what we do and the value we deliver