Toad is a powerful application development tool built around an advanced SQL - PL/SQL editor. Using Toad, you can build and test scripts, PL/SQL packages, procedures, triggers, and functions. You can create and edit database tables, views, indexes, constraints, and users. The Schema Browser and Project Manager provide quick access to database objects.
Toad comes in several editions, each offering different functionality.Toad’s Editor provides an easy and efficient way to write and test scripts and queries, and its powerful data grids provide an easy way to view and edit Oracle data.
Using Toad, you can:
* View the Oracle Dictionary
* Create, browse, or alter objects
* Graphically build, execute, and tune queries
* Edit PL/SQL and profile stored procedures
* Manage your common DB tasks from one central window
* Find and fix database problems with constraints, triggers, extents, indexes,and grants
* Create code from shortcuts and templates
* Create custom code templates
* Control code access and development (with or without a third party version control product) using Toad's cooperative source control feature.
* Create Projects to more easily manage your work